ID – ITD – Project Manager
Date PostedFebruary 25, 2023
Offered Salary$0 - $120 / hour
Expiration dateMarch 2, 2023
Working TypeNot Available
Duration8 Months and 23 Days
Interview TypeEither Webcam or In Person
Work Address11331 Chinden Blvd, Boise, ID(Onsite min 3 days/wk required)
1 – Position REQUIRES the resource to be ONSITE a MINIMUM of 3 DAYS/WEEK. The remaining 2 days can be worked remotely. ONLY submit candidates willing to be onsite, from the start of the contract, the minimum 3-days per week required.
2 – Position requires an additional FINGERPRINTING background check (separate from the contractually required background check you will be required to run on the candidate) that will be coordinated by ITD with the selected candidate. Candidate WILL NOT be permitted to begin work until the results from that fingerprinting have been returned.
As an expert in project management the person in this position must be able to manage several ITD projects at the same time using PMBok and Agile principles, as appropriate. Responsibilities include managing efforts around assessment, planning, requirements documentation, procurement, development, implementation, of complex ITD projects with many technical components.
Responsible for providing direction of state employees, contractors, and act as the primary liaison with service providers and 3rd party vendors, with focus on product delivery. Ensure that all project engagement rules are adhered to and that quality project deliverables are delivered on time and within budget.
Oversee the creation of all project artifacts and ensure that all ITD projects adhere to established applicable PMO standards and procedures.
Facilitates operational efficiency of business processes, ensuring adoption of newly designed processes and use of enhanced information technology tools. Identify opportunities for business process improvement and develop, create, and document new process innovations. Capture current state and design future state to align with business goals and objectives while looking for ways to streamline and reduce cost or time to deliver final products.
Expectations & Deliverables:
• Responsible for providing project management for the Intelligent Transportation System project, and possibly other projects.
• Consults with ETS management and stakeholders to define project requirements including: project scope, budget, resources and system requirements.
• Provides project artifacts according to PMO standards, methodology, and agency standards.
• Manages day-to-day operations of the project including tasks, resources, and execution.
• Responsible for the identification of project scope, goals, work plans, timelines, implementation strategies, production turnover documentation, risk assessments, communication, and change management plans.
• Insure conformity to ITD IT enterprise standards and security requirements.
• Confirms service providers and 3rd party vendors meet obligations and requirements as committed to in the ITN response.
• Oversees the project related management of contractors and ensures that all rules of engagements are identified and adhered to by the contractor.
Responsibilities and required skills
Current Project Management Professional (PMI-PMP) certification. (0 years)
Extensive IT Project Management experience managing complex software and technology projects. (8 years)
Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), Scrum Master, Certified Change Manager, and Product Owner certifications desirable. (0 years)
Experience providing consulting services to governmental entities. (5 years)
Direct experience managing projects with a budget in excess of $1 M over the life of the project. (5 years)
Proven skills in project integration across multiple business units and dispersed locations. (0 years)
Experience exploring technical and business options to reach agreement of streamlined and effective business and technology designs. (0 years)
Experience interacting with executive leadership to convey technical options and opportunities. (0 years)
Experience with state procurement processes and procedures, and writing and analyzing RFPs (Request for Proposal) based on gathered requirements. (0 years)
Experience leading diverse project teams consisting of business users, technical teams, service providers, contractors and 3rd parties. (0 years)
Excellent written and oral communication skills and experience communicating to all levels of stakeholders. (10 years)
Strong conceptual and planning skills. Multi-project experience at planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating complex enterprise projects. (0 years)
Experience handling shifting priorities, demands and timelines by applying strong analytical and problem solving capabilities. (0 years)
Experience working independently with minimal direction. (0 years)