Date PostedMarch 13, 2023
Offered Salary$0 - $0 / hour
Expiration dateMarch 17, 2023
Duration12 Months and 17 Days
Interview TypeWebcam only
Work AddressLocal candidates only10 N. SenateIndianapolis, IN 46204
The essential functions of this role are as follows:
• Provide agile and lean coaching to Agile Team and other professionals in ITS with the intent of building a generative culture.
• Help Agile Teams implement changes in approach processes, policies, and procedures.
• Mitigate blockers that prohibit development or testing during increments by engaging the correct resource(s) that can resolve blockers.
• Provide independent voice during planning and refinement to ensure that Agile Team understands work as defined by customer’s acceptance criteria.
• Ensure that Agile Teams and customer stay within scope as defined in acceptance criteria during increments.
• Ensure that requests for changes in work during increment are discussed during problem-solving workshop with customer and ITS and the impact to development and testing during the increment is minimized.
Lead daily stand-up meetings and other meetings, such as an Inspect & Adapt meeting.
• Ensuring ITS processes, policies, and procedures are followed.
• Work with business stakeholders to drive decision making and timely responses to development and testing questions during the increments.
• Monitor progress of Agile Teams and ensure that retrospective feedback is presented to management and adopted by Agile Teams.
• Ensure that planned cross-domain work is visible to product owners and product management.
• Ensure that dependencies and enablers that block prioritized work is delivered to architecture team.
• Provide weekly status updates for product management and architecture team on the state of development and testing during the increment.
• Continue to enrich understand of agile practices and lean principals through workshops, other learning sources, and certifications.
• Report and escalate issues that are not getting mitigated to product management
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
You’re an ideal candidate if you have a BS in Business or an Information Technology degree and/or 5+ years of applicable experience in IT or as a Scrum Master. Experience as a java developer or in quality assurance preferred. Scrum Master certification(s) are highly desirable.
What You’ll Need For Success:
• Intrinsic motivation
• Sound understanding of how to prioritize your work
• Flexibility in working with professionals from diverse backgrounds and experience levels
• Familiar with software development
• Basic understanding of agile development tools, such as Jira, Azure DevOps, Confluence, and others
• Ability to handle routine and sensitive contacts with governmental officials, consulting firms, contractors, developers, and business users
• Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills suitable for a wide variety of contacts
• Confidence and ability to learn on the job and adapt quickly to changing circumstances
Responsibilities and required skills
Experience working as a Scrum Master (5 years)
Experience in facilitating multiple Agile Teams (preferably in SAFe environment) (5 years)
Experience in Agile Team Coaching (preferably in SAFe environment) (5 years)
Prior experience working in a Product Ownership role (2 years)
Experience in Tracking and reporting (5 years)
Experience with DevOps Workflow Management using Jira (2 years)
Experience with DevOps Workflow Management using Azure DevOps (2 years)
Experience in Process Engineering (5 years)
Experience in Software Quality Assurance (SQA) testing (2 years)
Professional experience in Interpersonal, business communications (5 years)
Java development experience (2 years)
.Net experience (0 years)
Scrum Master Certification (0 years)