Date PostedMarch 9, 2023
Offered Salary$0 - $115 / hour
Expiration dateMarch 11, 2023
Duration12 Months and 6 Days
Work Address505 Hudson Street Hartford , Connecticut 06106-0000
STATE OF CONNECTICUT
DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
STATEMENT OF WORK FOR CCIWS PROGRAM
Lead Data Exchanges Developer
(X) New Task () Renewal ( ) Fixed Price (X) On Site Support (X) Remote Support
1. REQUIRED AGENCY:
Department of Children and Families
DCF IS Division
505 Hudson Street
Hartford, CT 06106
2. PROJECT/SYSTEM/PROGRAM OVERVIEW
The Department of Children and Families depends on the core, mission-critical applications, LINK and IV-E, Connecticut’s Federally-reimbursed SACWIS (Statewide Automated Child Welfare Information System). Implemented in 1996, available on every desktop, and used by over 2,000 social workers and case managers, the application has been enhanced and modified continually to meet data capture and process functionality requirements driven by good child welfare case practice as well as State and Federal legislation and statute. Additionally, LINK continues to experience change chiefly in compliance with the 1991 Juan F. Consent Decree as well as the agency’s ongoing goal of improving the safety, permanency and well-being of children in care. The agency is currently committed to developing the next generation Comprehensive Child Welfare information system (CCWIS) and has invested significant resources to ensure that Connecticut has efficient, economic and effective tools to aid our Child Welfare Staff, Providers and the children and families of CT.
DCF Information Systems provides technology expertise and services as well as an information systems infrastructure to the agency and its roughly 3,300 employees. DCF Information Systems strives to improve continually improving technology services that are cost-effective and of the highest effectiveness and quality.
3. SCOPE OF WORK
The agency needs the service of a senior level Lead Full Stack Developer. The candidate will serve in the capacity of a Lead Developer participating in various SDLC processes including requirements verification, design and development, testing, maintenance, and support activities per the direction of agency management. The specific focus of this candidate will be the to be part of the team which supports existing .NET applications as well as to participates in the SDLC process of the new SACWIS system and work with the System Integrator to ensure the transfer of knowledge and on-going maintenance of the solution for a given module. Specifically, the candidate will be responsible for maintaining interfaces, .NET applications and supporting SOA integration initiatives and participating in the SDLC process which includes meetings with the SI, verification of deliverables such as requirements, design, testing, and environment configuration. The candidate must have ESB experience with both BizTalk and MuleSoft and and in addition be familiar with Salesforce
Specific Services Required:
In the role of the Lead Developer, the following services are required:
· Must be very organized, pro-active and self-directed.
· Must be self-starter and driven. Must Drive the work from requirements to implementation.
· Must have very strong abstract thinking and problem-solving skills.
· Must have very good verbal and written communication skills.
· Design and development API solutions
· Perform BizTalk programming and support for importing or exporting files.
· Provide production support for BizTalk processes in production environment.
Bd Be able to create new data exchanges in MuleSoft and integrate it with Salesforce
· Provide analysis/requirements to integrate applications.
· Work on all phases of SDLC and create/maintain required technical documentation.
· Assist in the preparation of Quality Assurance planning related to data exchange processes.
· Assist in migration and integration of data and processes from legacy systems to new applications and new technologies.
· Assists in the development of information systems blueprints, design patterns, templates for best in class software development and to ensure high levels of software re use and the migration towards service oriented architecture (SOA).
· Demonstrated ability to deliver business and technical value.
· Work with the Application Development Manager to establish goals and code reviews while meeting requirements of projects.
· Work with management to supply input for key design and architecture decisions, as well as work estimation and resource planning.
· Provide guidance and training to team members.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Refer to the State contracts for IT Professional Services Agreement (22PSX0163) for experience and skill requirements for the job classification Solution Architect to fill the role. In addition, the agency requires:
For this position, the candidate shares experience and judgment with team to plan and accomplish goals, mentors less experienced staff, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. In addition, the agency requires:
An experience professional with 10 or more years of prior experience demonstrating the following knowledge and skills:
· *** Microsoft BizTalk Server 2016+ (5+ years’ experience) Orchestrations, Maps, Pipelines, Port Configuration, XSLT, XML, XSD, as well as performance and scalability tuning.
· *** Good understanding of SOA. (10 years experience)
*** Good understanding of MuleSoft and Salesforce (5 Years experience).
· BizTalk Deployment best practices, MSBuild, PowerShell
· Experience with code control/version Team Foundation.
· Object-Oriented design principles and design patterns
· Proficient in XSLT.
· Integration experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, WCF)
· Create enterprise development standards for SOA services.
· Proficient in different poling mechanisms and “Sql-to-XML” queries for SQL Server and DB2
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
· Azure Service Bus
· Proficient in database development using SQL Server; particularly the creation of database objects including tables, views, stored procedures and functions.
4. ADMINISTRATIVE CONSIDERATIONS
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-Time 40hrs – Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM
STATE RESOURCES AND OVERSIGHT: DCF IS Management
SECURITY/PRIVACY CONSIDERATIONS: Comply with Vendor Qualification, DCF Child Protection Background Check and DCF Non-disclosure Agreement
Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
POINT OF CONTACT:
Customer Success Manager
State of Connecticut
Department of Children and Families
Responsibilities and required skills
Microsoft .NET Framework - Advanced (7-9 Years)
Service oriented architecture (SOA) - Advanced (7-9 Years)
XMLSchema - Advanced (7-9 Years)
Data Modeling - Advanced (7-9 Years)
Transact-SQL - Advanced (7-9 Years)
ASP. NET - Expert (10+ Years)
C# - Expert (10+ Years)
C/C++ - Expert (10+ Years)
XML - Expert (10+ Years)
XSLT - Advanced (7-9 Years)
Learning ability - Advanced (7-9 Years)