Backend Application Developer
Date PostedFebruary 21, 2023
Expiration dateApril 22, 2023
We are looking for an Backend Application Developer, driven by innovation and a desire to make a difference. We are seeking clever, dedicated developers who enjoy what they do, like working with teams, and searching for new ideas; someone who can appropriately apply technology to solve problems and provide services to our clients.Duties include working in a professional environment with a national team of developers, geospatial analysts, engineers, scientists, business analysts, and planners. The ability to effectively lead and participate in remote teams with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, both technical and non-technical, is required. Successful candidates will be able to lead development projects, plan and design solutions, develop database schemas and analysis methods needed to support project goals. Our projects include solutions for desktop, web, and mobile
- Communication. Ability to share your ideas and work with other developers in a collaborative environment.
- Problem solving. Knowing how to make a task easier, more maintainable and stable.
- Curiosity. Knowing what’s on the horizon in web and mobile development and when to use it.
- Adaptability. Able to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Ability to manage a complex range of tasks and meet deadlines.
- Understanding and application of the agile development lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s in computer science, Geography, Geospatial Science, Planning, Environmental Sciences, or relevant field;
- 2 years focusing on enterprise scale backend architectures;
- GIS development experience desired but not required; and
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in software development;
- Experience with agile development practices through Jira;
- Experience with server-side technologies (Java, .NET, NodeJS, etc.);
- Experience with the design, development, testing and support of ETL processes;
- Should have strong knowledge of API design, development and support;
- MuleSoft Developer Level 1 certification a plus;
- Development and optimization of PLSQL queries; and
- Experience with support and optimization of Oracle 11g and 12c databases.