Business Subject Matter Expert – Level 3
Date PostedFebruary 25, 2023
Offered Salary$0 - $92 / hour
Expiration dateMarch 1, 2023
Duration24 Months and 11 Days
Work Address39 Woodland Street Hartford, Connecticut 06451
This project is in accordance with the Connecticut Technical Education and Career System (CTECS) Nutrition and School Meals (NSM) office recent awarding of 4.7 million dollar in IT Capital Funds. Over the course of the next 3 years, the NSM will up-grade and overhaul the districts Point of Sale (POS) cafeteria management system. In turn, these monies will be used to streamline efficiencies and minimize the manual labor activities in record keeping that are currently in place in our cafeterias and central office locations.
Subject Matter Experts (SME) are responsible for working alongside the Project Manager and NSM team collectively to plan and execute projects. Applicants are expected to have at least ten years of relevant work experience, ideally in a school or educational agency, managing school nutrition data applications and processes. Experience working in TITAN software ideal. A SME will be able to help plan, direct, administer, and evaluate all aspects of the Nutrition and School Meals (NSM) unit in order to meet educational and nutritional needs. The NSM SME will assure program compliance with relevant federal, state and local policies, regulations and procedures. The SME will partner with others in the district and community to ensure basic nutrition plans (including individualized menu plans) while also monitoring intake and acceptance of meals, snacks, and supplements.
Evidence that a person would make a valued SME for the project/program would include the ability to:
Define procedures or standards, since he/she has the knowledge of what the right or best way to execute a task would be.
Define performance objectives and determine acceptable performance levels.
Provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
Understand the language/terms/jargon in his/her area of expertise
Understand requisite knowledge that underlies effective decision-making and is able to describe where anomalies or flaws may occur in the decision-making for his/her area of expertise.
Act as the “go to” person within a department or function for questions and problems within his/her area of expertise.
Explain his/her area of expertise clearly to others.
Not only answer how things are done, but why.
Subject Matter Expert’s responsibilities:
The responsibilities of the SME are to ensure the facts and details are correct so that the project’s/program’s deliverable(s) will meet the needs of the stakeholders, legislation, policies, standards, and best practices.
To achieve this, SMEs will:
1. Support the definition of processes and policies, supply business rules and procedures, and communicate the contexts in which the rules, processes and polices are applied.
2. Accurately represent their business units’ needs to the project team.
3. Obtain or provide approval for changes to rules, processes and policies.
4. Provide input for the design and construction of test cases and scenarios and may also validate executed test results
5. Provide input into and execute user documentation and training material.
6. Test the product(s) or service(s) during the project/program (including user acceptance testing), using and evaluating it for accuracy and usability, providing feedback to the project team.
7. Guide other team members on the project to ensure the content is accurate.
Resolve issues relevant to project deliverable(s) within their area of expertise
Responsibilities and required skills
Data Analytics Specialist - Advanced (7-9 Years)
Presentation skills - Advanced (7-9 Years)
Process Flow Analysis - Advanced (7-9 Years)
Project management - Advanced (7-9 Years)
Team work - Advanced (7-9 Years)