Cloud Architect/ SME
Date PostedFebruary 3, 2023
Expiration dateApril 4, 2023
As a cloud architect, you will be responsible for technical duties such as infrastructure design, planning, management, maintenance and support associated with cloud computing. You will be working closely with other Architects, Systems Engineers, Software Engineers and Operations Engineering/Manager as well as Government counterparts to perform and manage our cloud solutions, cloud computing strategy and all associated documentation.
Roles You Will Be Doing On The Job
- Working with our engineering and infrastructure teams to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the program.
- Planning, designing, implementing and supervising our on-prem to cloud migration solution, in classified environment.
- Migration and managing cloud environments in accordance with our security guidelines.
- Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for project’s cloud end-to-end architecture, including AWS and Azure networking, provisioning, and management
- Demonstrate knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability)
- Demonstrate leadership ability to support decisions with research and the “why,” and articulate options, the pros and cons for each, and a recommendation
- Advocate and define cloud architecture vision from a strategic perspective, including internal and external platforms, tools, and systems
- Provide support and technical governance, expertise related to cloud architectures, deployment, and operations
- Building and designing web services in the cloud.
- Orchestrating and automating cloud-based platforms throughout the program.
- Coordinate with team to prioritize product backlogs for sprints and releases.
- Assist with monitoring & reporting technical variances; facilitate resolution of technical issues that adversely impact successful product delivery.
- Assist with identifying and supporting external dependencies where needed.
- Skills you need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or related technical field or equivalent experience with 12+ years in systems engineering or 4 additional years in lieu of degree
- Extensive experience with Commercial Cloud Services (C2S) to include application migration.
- Experience with devOps roles and CI/CD pipelines
- Contribute to DevSecOps development activities and complex development tasks
- Experience in a Cloud Architect role or related position
- Architect level Experience in Multiple Cloud platforms. (some combination of) Amazon, Azure, GPC
- Architect level Certifications within multiple cloud platforms
- Demonstrate forward thinking around where the project’s roadmap and how cloud-based technology can support these efforts
- Provide technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of an issue, including the determination and provision of workaround solution or escalation to product owners
- Experience as a team lead preferred
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, systems engineers and architects
- Ability to work well/collaborate with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system integration activities
- Lead the definition and development of cloud reference architecture and management systems
- Conduct work reviews with team members
- Experience Mentoring.
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Experience Writing whitepapers/casestudies/blogs
- Experience and domain knowledge related to data processing
- Strategic experience with container deployment architecture using Kubernetes, Openshift, or GCE in the Cloud
- Experience with big data applications
- Ability to obtain security clearance