Date PostedJanuary 25, 2023
Expiration dateMarch 26, 2023
You’ll be analyzing highly complex business requirements and generating technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications. You’ll be an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation, and analysis efforts. You will leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution while assuring security, compliance, and quality requirements are met for reinforced areas. We’re looking for someone that is flexible and thrives in an evolving environment and can adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Actively interface with other teams to gather requirements, design, code, debug, document, and implement solutions using cloud tools
- Be able to self-manage and required to lead projects with some client-facing responsibilities
- Highly motivated self-starter, detail and quality oriented able to work independently
- Champion and manage new initiatives to completion to improve and streamline operational processes and maximize system resources
- Resolve complex problems that have implications beyond your own area
- Capable of working proficiently at both the strategic and tactical aspects of a project
- Strong communication skills when responding to internal and external partners
- Provide support for applications in the production environment, as needed.
- Monitor and manage the backup and Disaster Recovery processes
- Create key performance metrics, measuring the environment’s utilization, performance, and overall health.
- Report utilization and performance metrics to user communities
- Develop and maintain operational best practices for the smooth operation of the data analytics environment
Responsibilities and required skills
- 5-8 years of experience working with Big Data using Spark/Scala
- Should be well-versed in Core Java, and Java frameworks
- Has mentored junior software developers on design patterns, development best practices, and DevOps trade-offs
- Experienced with all ancillary technologies necessary for Internet applications: HTTP, TCP/IP, POP/SMTP, etc.
- High-scalability projects involving cloud-based infrastructure design and implementation
- Working knowledge of object-oriented design and development skills
- Successful track record of developing quality software products and shipping production-ready software
- Good understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, SOAP, and API design for extensibility and portability
- Experience debugging distributed systems with high data loads
- Deep knowledge of distributed data model
- Should have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Should have experience in AWS: Lambda, EC2.
- Knowledge of AWS EMR or Cloudera is a great plus.
- Good problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to multitask in a fast-changing environment
- Should be involved in working in an onsite/offshore model
- Should have performed on all the stages of SDLC from Design to System Testing, implementation, and post-implementation
- BS required in Computer Science or relevant area required. MS in Computer Science or Information Systems preferred