Senior Database Administrator
Date PostedJuly 20, 2023
Offered Salary$0 - $0 / hour
Expiration dateOctober 15, 2023
Duration10 Months and 21 Days
Interview TypeEither Web Cam or In Person
Work Address200 Piedmont AveWest TowerAtlanta, GA 30334
*Candidate MUST be local to Metro Atlanta*
The ideal candidate will work with leadership to implement standard operating procedures for managing databases, install configure and setup database instances, review and implement separation of duties, RACI matrix, and security controls. Implement back-up schedules across all databases.
The ideal candidate will serve as an advisor and project team member for setting new databases instances for new applications as well as supporting existing databases within DPH. Below is an overview of several key applications the Department is looking to implement or replace:
• Deploying a common Electronic Health Record application (EHR) across the state with clinical management, pharmacy and analytic capabilities will provide the technical platform necessary to support a more comprehensive understanding of the public health impact and public health operations.
• The COVID-19 pandemic has put tremendous pressure on all aspects of DPH and specifically on of our core data systems, our State Electronic Notifiable Disease Surveillance System (SendSS) and our Georgia Registry of Immunization Transaction Services (GRITS). Both of these systems are over 15 years old and have shown deficiencies during the pandemic related to infrastructure and to how data is managed and accessed. Both of these systems are in the procurement phase to be replaced.
• Define data conversion, data quality, and data cleansing criteria for COTS vendors
• Work with vendors to integrate COTS based solutions within DPH
• Design, build, upgrade and patch highly available database solutions for mission critical applications
• Perform database tuning as needed to optimize application performance
• Troubleshoot database related outages as part of a larger team supporting other layers of the technology environment
• Proven experience converting data from one database platform to another such as Oracle to MS SQL Server
• Proven experience building and managing high scalable database solutions on cloud platforms
• Guide the design, development, deployment and management highly reliable and scalable databases
• Enforce company policies in areas of database design, security, change management, compliance documentation and separation of duties
• 15+ years experience building, maintaining, securing and backing up databases across multiple platforms such as Oracle and MS SQL Server.
• 3+ years experience working with configuring database solutions in a cloud environment such as Microsoft Azure or AWS
• 15+ years experience working with data cleansing, data conversions, data migrations
• 15+ years providing enterprise application and database operational support
• 10+ years application development experience with languages such as: Java, .NET, Json, Java Script, C#, etc.
10+ years building, integrating, or implementing COTS enterprise level database solutions for State Government agencies
5+ years implementing infrastructure architecture that supports enterprise applications
3+ years experience designing and implementing high availability systems
• Thinks strategically, understands the big picture but is also able to execute on tactical operational situations working with disparate databases
• Solves complex problems and drives action across the organization
• Clearly articulate integration issues with vendors working on COTS and/or custom applications with the ability to drive results and develop solutions
• working with Server Engineers, preparing specifications for the database servers, monitoring and tuning the application databases, and establishing communication links across Database Management Systems
• directs and controls activities relating to database management, planning, development, and security
• Ability to work with multiple database products such as Oracle, MS SQL server, MySQL, Amazon RDS, Postgres etc.
• Experience working with TOAD, Visual Studio, WebLogic, JBOSS, SQL, PL/SQL, .NET, C#, Java, XML, and SQL Developer
• Bachelor Degree from an accredited University in computer science, or related field
Responsibilities and required skills
15+ years experience building, maintaining, securing and backing up databases across multiple platforms such as Oracle and MS SQL Server. (15 years)
3+ years experience working with configuring database solutions in a cloud environment such as Microsoft Azure or AWS (3 years)
15+ years experience working with data cleansing, data conversions, data migrations (15 years)
15+ years providing enterprise application and database operational support (15 years)
10+ years application development experience with languages such as: Java, .NET, Json, Java Script, C#, etc. (10 years)
10+ years building, integrating, or implementing COTS enterprise level database solutions for State Government agencies (10 years)
5+ years implementing infrastructure architecture that supports enterprise applications (5 years)
3+ years experience designing and implementing high availability systems (3 years)