Help Desk Specialist
Date PostedFebruary 7, 2023
Expiration dateApril 8, 2023
Responsibilities Of The Help Desk Specialist
- Provide investigation, diagnosis, resolution and recovery for hardware/software problems. When unable to resolve, escalate to second or third level in accordance with escalation processes.
- Escalate hardware related problems to the third-party warranty and non-warranty supplier.
- Maintain overall ownership of user’s issue & service ensuring that they receive resolution within a reasonable timeframe.
- Urgency and business impact on all support calls.
- Record incident resolutions in Jira Service Desk ticketing system.
- Provide enhancement request feedback to IT regarding technology environment and customer needs through the defined processes.
- Support the following technologies: Microsoft Office 365 products – Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Web browsers, Windows 10 / Mac OS, desktops, laptops, printers, networked copiers, NIC’s, basic LAN/WAN connectivity and others as assigned.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate well with internal and external contacts.
- Strong problem resolution skills required.
- Desktop, Laptop, Handheld devices: Knowledge on – build management, OS deployment / provisioning, common application installation and troubleshooting, Hardware knowledge, disposal (disk wipe / degaussing), Smart Phones, Tablets, Video Conference equipment, Digital Phone sets, Web cameras.
- Printers: Hands on experience on managing printers (Local & Network printers), toner /consumables (staples) / maintenance kit replacement.
- ITIL: Knowledge of ITIL processes and procedures.
- Server: Basic knowledge on hardware troubleshooting, Racking and Stacking, basic troubleshooting of Server Operating systems, raid configurations
- DC Facilities: Basic knowledge on managing server room components like Power, UPS, Air Conditioning, Cable Management and monitoring the environment
- AD: Basic knowledge on – Active directory, Proxy, DNS, Group Policy.
- Network: Basic knowledge on – LAN setup, basic switching, passive networking, cable management (Data / Voice), Wireless AP.
- Desktop Security: Basic knowledge on – Antivirus deployment and update, patch management, monitoring and reporting, Disk Encryption, End-user backup, RSA securID
- Knowledge of Jira/Atlassian and Confluence is a definite plus
- Excellent in verbal, written communication, personal interaction skills
- Problem solving abilities.
- Can perform under stressful and stringent timelines with minimal help with ownership
- Take ownership to manage multiple assignments simultaneously without any / minimal guidance or help from seniors or peers team members.
- Excellent customer service, technical, organizational, and communication skills – in person and on the phone; effective listening and team orientation. Able to persuade, influence and negotiate with staff and vendors in critical situations. Able to motivate others and work cooperatively in a group to achieve common goals.