IA-DOM DoIT-PM6-Business Alignment Project Manager
Date PostedJanuary 18, 2024
Offered Salary$0 - $0 / hour
Expiration dateJanuary 12, 2025
Duration11 Months and 5 Days
Interview TypeEither Web Cam or In Person Interview
Work Address200 E Grand Ave. Des Moines, IA 50309
The Department of Management, Division of Information Technology (DOM-DoIT) is seeking a Business Alignment Project Manager to drive technology projects to completion while ensuring adherence to established budgets, business plans, process, procedures and requirements while working closely with technical, cybersecurity, network, infrastructure, and business unit personnel.
The State of Iowa is transitioning a multitude of legacy state agencies to more streamlined technology governance standards. In doing so, areas of technology process and resources will be merged to establish a more efficient operating and governing enterprise.
The Project Manager will be expected to navigate a full line of business enterprises, analyzing and evaluating business line processes for the purpose of future business area merger. Experience managing merger and acquisition projects while leveraging organizational change management procedures and the ability to drill into business areas and identify key resources and decision makers is paramount to this role.
Documentation is of utmost importance and the work done in this area will establish reusable templates for future consolidation activities. The Project Manager will lead teams of technologists and business resources in establishing these repeatable processes. Excellent communication skills are required with the ability to manage up in the organization, working with top leadership across multiple state agencies.
The Project Manager should have an understanding of multiple business process standards including Information Technology, Human Resources, Finance and Legal with the ability to break down business processes and deliverables and identify the merger of those processes and deliverables into a common organization from Strategy, through Execution and finally Integration into day-to-day operations.
We’re looking for a passionate Project Manager who knows how to help define, de-risk and execute against a product vision. The role demands strong product instincts, excellent communication skills, conflict resolution experience, empathy, humility and an appreciation for and understanding of not just technological principles and practices, but overarching business principles and practices as well.
The Project Manager will be part of a PMO team responsible for all aspects of IT project governance, assessment, management and control. The ability to gather and define requirements; build a project plan; identifying resource needs; and transparent, clear communications across all levels of stakeholders. Essential is the ability to manage continually changing and morphing priorities as prescribed by Leadership in response to department and legislative direction.
The Project Manager will conduct project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis, ensuring adherence to quality standards and project deliverables. Additionally, the Project Manager will be accountable for generating project schedules, identifying/staffing needs resourcing, completing the procurement of vendor products/implementation services, and submitting funding requests as required.
The Project Manager will monitor and report on assigned project related Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Key Risk Indicators (KRI) including:
1. Draft and implement internal and external project reporting procedures.
2. Maintain project dashboards and metrics.
3. Monitor project goals and objectives and keep leadership informed on the progress.
4. Coordinate with communications teams and collaborate with external stakeholders on significant project changes and enhancements.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Manage high level cross functional teams from various business area collectives such as Technology, Finance, HR and Legal
• Collaboratively defining and driving strategy, vision and roadmap evangelizing to all the teams, partners and users of our services.
• Bring clarity where there is uncertainty, manage risk and continuously deliver value.
• Work closely with your team to help create positive business outcomes for our clients
• Confidently facilitate discussions with a group as large as an executive conference room, while drawing out all the voices by facilitating the right activities to get the right information
• Able to break down complex problems into actionable steps with measurable outcomes
• Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to teach others
• Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making
• Comfortable with ambiguity. We work in an iterative and incremental way, balancing many different inputs and constantly making trade-offs.
Required Skill Set and Years of Experience Required:
• 6 Years – History working with business line consolidation and/or mergers and acquisitions.
• 6 Years – Experience managing stakeholder expectations and priorities.
• 6 Years – Experience working within a project governance structure (methodology, required templates and reporting)
• 6 Years – Extensive experience with planning, managing, and tracking multiple major impact projects.
• 6 Years – Experience aligning business process and roles across multiple business lines.
• 6 Years – Strong process, gap analysis, communication, and conflict management skills
• 6 Years – Excellent project management skills, with the ability to multitask and manage multiple tasks with changing priorities in a cross-functional environment.
• 6 Years – Demonstrated experience with working with business users to gather and document business requirements.
• 6 Years – Demonstrate ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and project activities simultaneously while meeting established deadlines.
• 6 Years – Demonstrated experience with managing client expectations and implementing change management initiatives.
• 6 Years (Desired) – State / Federal Government Appropriations Experience
Responsibilities and required skills
History working with business line consolidation and/or mergers and acquisitions (6 years)
Experience managing stakeholder expectations and priorities (6 years)
Experience working within a project governance structure (methodology, required templates and reporting) (6 years)
Extensive experience with planning, managing and tracking multiple major impact projects. (6 years)
Experience aligning business process and roles across multiple business lines (6 years)
Strong process, gap analysis, communication and conflict management skills (6 years)
Excellent project management skills, with the ability to multitask and manage multiple tasks with changing priorities in a cross-functional environmen (6 years)
Demonstrated experience with working with business users to gather and document business requirements (6 years)
Demonstrate ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and project activities simultaneously while meeting established deadlines (6 years)
Demonstrated experience with managing client expectations and implementing change management initiatives (6 years)
State / Federal Government Appropriations Experience (6 years)