IA-DOM DoIT-PM6-Project Manager
Date PostedOctober 5, 2023
Offered Salary$0 - $0 / hour
Expiration dateOctober 30, 2024
Duration12 Months and 6 Days
Interview TypeEither Web Cam or In Person Interview
Work Address200 E Grand, Des Moines, IA 50319
The Office of the Chief Information Officer – PMO Division provides adaptable, secure, and cost-effective technology services and solutions across multiple State Agencies and Divisions. We manage all of the States IT assets, projects and resources, and we deliver technology and expertise to support Citizens of Iowa and their family’s every day. This includes consistently delivering top tier performance and value to citizens as a trusted partner and services provider.
The OCIO PMO is committed to the pursuit of creative and innovative solutions that enable our State to help Iowans achieve healthy, safe, stable and self-sufficient lives through the programs and services we provide. We strive for an IT culture that identifies the newest, most effective solutions through discovery, open discussion and collaboration. We have fun together, care about each other and take pride in the solutions we provide. We believe in continuously optimizing our processes, refining our solutions and improving ourselves to the benefit of the Iowans we serve. If you are passionate about applying your creative and innovative architecture strategies and approaches across the State of Iowa technology enterprise then this is the role for you!
The department is seeking a Project Manager to drive business and technology projects to completion while insuring adherence to established budgets, business plans, process, procedures and requirements while working closely with Business unit personnel, Business Analysts and Architects.
The project manager will be responsible for adhering to project management governance on multiple current and future projects. Additionally, the PM will be accountable for generating project schedules, identifying/staffing needed resourcing, completing the procurement of vendor products / implementation services, and submitting funding requests as required. The PM will manage the delivery efforts and report status of each to the Project Sponsors and the PMO Director.
The PM will work with multiple business and platform areas including Information Technology and potentially including upper level state government committees. The Project Manager will conduct project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis, ensuring adherence to quality standards and project deliverables.
The PM will be part of a PMO team responsible for all aspects of IT project governance, assessment, management and control. The ability to gather and define requirements; build a project plan; identifying resource needs; and transparent, clear communications across all levels of stakeholders. Essential is the ability to multi-task on continually changing and morphing priorities as prescribed by leadership in response to department and legislative direction.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Ability to work within a project governance structure (methodology, required templates and reporting)
• Ability to interact with, educate, learn from, and drive business and IT teams.
• Ability to work effectively under very broad direction with general supervision
• Ability to motivate team and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
• Ability to gather and organize multiple simultaneous complex business process scenarios
• Ability to break down complex tasks into actionable work items, sequenced appropriately
• Ability to manage scope creep with a focus on delivering a minimum viable product
• Excellent organizational, presentation, interpersonal and team building skills
• Excellent time management and project planning/strategizing skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated experience with managing client expectations, implementing service improvement initiatives
• Demonstrated experience managing multiple parallel work efforts
• Track project progress, monitor and modify project schedules and provide status updates to project team. Escalate issues to management and/or appropriate leadership as appropriate.
• Provide insight and knowledge into improving processes related to portfolio, project and program management
• Other duties or tasks as assigned by management.
Responsibilities and required skills
Direct management of system integration projects (8 years)
Experience managing stakeholder expectations and priorities (8 years)
Experience working within a project governance structure (methodology, required templates and reporting) (8 years)
Extensive experience with planning, managing and tracking multiple major impact projects. (8 years)
Strong process development skills, w/ the ability to learn and understand concepts in order to interpret, document and formalize procedures (8 years)
Strong process and gap analysis skills (8 years)
Excellent project management skills, w/ the ability to multitask and manage multiple tasks with changing priorities in a cross-functional environment (8 years)
Demonstrate ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and project activities simultaneously while meeting established deadlines (8 years)
Demonstrated experience with working with business users to gather and document business requirements (8 years)