IA-DOM-IWD-SDP6-AWS Cloud Developer
Date PostedNovember 8, 2023
Offered Salary$0 - $0 / hour
Expiration dateNovember 12, 2024
Job StatusInterviews occurring
Duration11 Months and 21 Days
Interview TypeWeb Cam Interview Only
Work Address1000 E Grand Ave Des Moines IA 50266
THe client is requesting local candididates for this position. The position requires that the contractor works oniste a minimum of 2 days/week. The client would like to see local candididates for thei position.
Iowa Workforce Development (IWD) is a state agency committed to providing unemployment insurance for claimants and employment services for job seekers, including re-employment programs. IWD is looking to hire an experienced Software Developer with expertise in developing cloud native applications for the UI Tax Project. This individual will be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications using Agile methodologies. The project aims to enhance IWD’s UI Tax system by implementing functionality with the goal of providing better service to both the agency staff and the end-users. The ideal candidate is a leader and strong team contributor who is eager to learn and develop their craft as a software professional and will find great satisfaction in the patient pursuit of excellence. This individual will be responsible for gathering requirements, facilitating requirements sessions with business stakeholders and providing quality.
• Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
• Develop Java/Java EE application while providing expertise from concept and design to testing.
• Design and develop api-driven or event-driven microservices using Java, SpringBoot, and other technologies
• Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
• Ensure designs are following specifications and best practices.
• Prepare and produce releases of software components.
• Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
• Work closely with DevOps teams and ensure the proper monitoring and logging are in place.
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
• Proven hands-on full stack software development experience
• Proven hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms and Spring Boot
• Proven experience in AWS technologies used for development like AWS EC2, AWS S3, AWS Api Gateway, AWS Lambda, AWS CloudWatch, AWS Cloud Trail
• Proven experience in container and orchestration technologies like Docker, AWS ECR, AWS ECS, AWS EKS
• Proven experience in IAM technologies like AWS IAM
• Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
• Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (OpenJPA, Hibernate)
• Experience in developing and consuming SOAP and RESTful web services utilizing XML and/or JSON with binding libraries like JAXB, Jackson, Gson, etc.
• Experience with test-driven development
• Experience in testing framework like JUnit, Mockito.
• Implement and adhere to code quality standards with tools like FindBugs, SONAR etc.
• Experience in working in teams using Agile methodologies
• Experience working in Microservices architecture
Responsibilities and required skills
Java/JEE (10 years)
AWS EC2, AWS S3, AWS Api Gateway, AWS Lambda, AWS CloudWatch, AWS Cloud Trail (8 years)
Docker, AWS ECR, AWS ECS, AWS EKS (8 years)
Okta, OAuth, JWT, AWS IAM, AWS Cognito (8 years)
Spring Boot, Spring Data, Spring Web, Spring Batch (10 years)
Hibernate, HQL, JPQL (10 years)
RESTFul Webservices, Json (10 years)
JUnit, Mockito, Git (10 years)
Oracle, SQL (10 years)