Date PostedJanuary 11, 2023
Offered Salary$0 - $0 / hour
Expiration dateJanuary 16, 2024
Duration11 Months and 21 Days
Interview TypeIn Person Only
Work AddressLucas State Office Bldg.
***ONLY SUBMIT CANDIDATES WHO ARE CLEARED and WILLING TO WORK ON LOCATION.
The Iowa Department of Public Health is seeking a candidate to enter data into the AMANDA application. This candidate will be reviewing and entering data for approx. 20,000 plumbing renewal applications as well as providing phone support and troubleshooting the online line licensing system, Amanda, for the States Plumbing, Mechanical, and Lead licensing bureau.
The candidate will need to be able to quickly learn the AMANDA application and its functionality, need to work with minimal oversight, and possess a strong background in data entry and phone support.
The candidate will be the first point of contact to the public needing assistance using and/or troubleshooting the online licensing system, as well as general licensing questions. In addition to assisting the public with troubleshooting the online system, the candidate will also need to understand, and be able to effectively communicate, the general rules, regulations, and procedures regarding licensing requirements.
The position will also entail some administrative duties, such as processing and sending mail, entering license applications into the database, and processing payment transactions. The candidate will need to be flexible and can juggle different duties and tasks from day to day. The ability to go smoothly from one task to another, back again, will be crucial to effectively perform the necessary duties for this position.
1. Prior experience using database management software with the ability to troubleshoot technical issues related to database management software and web-based services in person and over the phone.
2. Experience entering and validating large volumes of data into an existing application
3. Customer Service focused with the ability to remain calm in a demanding environment.
4. Experience with call tracking procedures.
5. Experience working independently in a data entry role with minimal supervision.
6. Skilled in basic Microsoft Office Products, various internet browsers, and Windows 10 software.
7. Basic administrative skills, such a working with mail, data entry, and working with money transactions. Able to work efficiently under pressure and meet deadlines. Ability to juggle multiple tasks.
8. Detail oriented problem solver with excellent time management skills who is adept to the application of technology to task.
Responsibilities and required skills
Prior experience using database management software with the ability to troubleshoot technical issues related to database management software and web- (4 years)
Experience entering and validating large volumes of data into an existing application (4 years)
Customer Service focused with the ability to remain calm in a demanding environment. (4 years)
Experience with call tracking procedures. (4 years)
Skilled in basic Microsoft Office Products, various internet browsers, and Windows 10 software. (4 years)