IA-HHS-PM6 MEME Project Manager
Date PostedOctober 6, 2023
Offered Salary$0 - $0 / hour
Expiration dateJune 30, 2024
Job StatusInterviews occurring
Duration8 Months and 25 Days
Interview TypeWeb Cam Interview Only
Work Address1305 East Walnut Street
The Sr. IT Project Manager (PM-6) functions as a coordinator and director of large-scale projects and solutions within a given agency or team. The PM is the primary point of contact for problem resolution and project direction and reports to various directors/technical leaders within a department or agency. This role will engage with or oversee large-scale projects that involve complex implementation of systems being done by outsourced vendors or internal project teams. The PM liaises with outside subject matter experts and specialists in the field and maintains project direction. The PM may manage various team members involved with the delivery of the project.
The Division of Information Technology (DoIT) provides adaptable, secure, and cost-effective technology services and solutions across the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Divisions, Partners, and Citizens. We manage all HHS IT assets, projects, and resources, and we deliver technology and expertise to support the Citizens of Iowa and their families every day. This includes consistently delivering top-tier performance and value to citizens as a trusted partner and services provider. If you are passionate about applying your creative and innovative strategies and approaches across the Department of Health and Human Services enterprise, then this is the role for you!
The Project Manager must have extensive hands-on experience delivering challenging, highly complex, business transformation programs. Candidates must have prior experience managing and/or delivering all aspects of the system delivery lifecycle, (including, but not limited to, strategic planning, business process analysis, requirements elicitation, system design, technical design, development, unit testing, system testing, end-to-end testing, user acceptance testing, data migration/conversion, training, change management, implementation, infrastructure, environment management, and DevOps). Essential for this role is the ability to build a collaborative environment through strong leadership and agile SDLC experience. The PM will coordinate across multiple HHS divisions, stakeholder groups, projects, and teams and must be comfortable communicating effectively with team members, vendor contacts, HHS management, and HHS executives. The PM must be able to multi-task on continually changing and morphing priorities as prescribed by leadership in response to department and legislative direction.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provides project control support and coordinates the work of the PCO or PMO staff, implementing solutions to meet the customer requirements and supporting the customer’s ongoing system engineering life-cycle processes. Responsible for supporting all project delivery work with the required methodology and following all standard project management industry standards such as PMI’s framework.
• Coordinates and controls the end-to-end process of capturing all key project artifacts, including but not limited to, business cases, project charters, baselined project schedules, project management plans, change requests, status reports, etc.
• Raises identified issues and risks to the appropriate senior-level management, including the Project Management Office (PMO) for action inclusive of a description of the issue, comprehensive analysis of options, and recommendation for remediation.
• Manages portfolio of projects’ execution to ensure conformity to established budgets, timelines, and scope.
• Works with the stakeholders, including the PMO to facilitate project governance effectiveness through weekly status reporting, project/portfolio data, regular governance meetings, etc.
Responsibilities and required skills
Hands-on experience delivering as part of a large, transformational system integration program meeting the following conditions: (0 years)
# of Total Project Teams > 5 # of Total Project Staff > 100 Program Budget > $100M (15 years)
Leadership experience delivering large, transformational system integration programs/projects with direct accountability for more than 50 individuals (0 years)
and a labor burn rate of more than $2M per month (5 years)
Experience reporting program status to an executive steering committee (5 years)
Experience managing system integrator vendors and software vendors to deliver system integration projects (5 years)
Experience championing organizational change to implement an agile delivery methodology (5 years)
Experience delivering State / Federal system integration programs/projects (15 years)
Strong process development skills, w/ the ability to learn and understand concepts to interpret, document, and formalize procedures (15 years)
Strong process and gap analysis skills (15 years)
Excellent project management skills, w/ the ability to multitask and manage multiple tasks with changing priorities in a cross-functional environment (15 years)
Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and project activities simultaneously while meeting established deadlines (15 years)