Date PostedApril 27, 2023
Offered Salary$55 - $65 / hour
Expiration dateJune 30, 2023
Duration1 Months and 23 Days
Interview TypeEither Web Cam or In Person Interview
Work Address1305 East Walnut Street
As knowledge transfer happens and experience with our mainframe systems the position will help transition and build bridges to new non-mainframe systems at the same time helping keep the current legacy systems compliant.
Demonstrated through prior experience the ability to:
• The role is more of a technical analyst/developer.
• Trace and document data system logic and flows by reading & analyzing JCL, COBOL programs, CICS definitions, ADSO/IDMS programs and 3rd party utility control cards, IDCAMS, SYNCSORT and other common mainframe data manipulation processes.
• Extracting and documenting Business Rules embedded in Mainframe programs, third party utilities, and other data manipulation products. This includes both business and functional aspects of the business rules.
• Understanding, analyzing and documenting current Mainframe logic and flows and work with users and business teams to correlate how the systems support the current business, Federal and State requirements.
• Must complete assigned task; communicate accurate and useful status updates; follow quality standards; Ability to work in a team environment; strong communication skills; both written and spoken.
• Perform on-call duties for nightly and weekend batch cycles
• Attention to details is a must since the documentation generated would be the basis of system rewrites.
• Very clear, strong and precise Verbal and written communication skills are needed in order to work and coordinate with multiple teams.
• Prior DHS experience would be a plus.
• Work independently with little supervision or guidance.
• Demonstrates a willingness to independently dive in and learn new systems, processes, and business functionality.
Responsibilities and required skills
MVS JCL and Procs (5 years)
COBOL (5 years)
CICS (5 years)
Use of File Aid for Analysis of Files (5 years)
Familiarity with Panvalet or another Source Control repository on the mainframe (5 years)
Defining and documenting existing Business Processes (5 years)
Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio. etc. (5 years)
Build solutions within the specified project timelines (5 years)
Accurately prepare written correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, professional and engaging. (5 years)
Demonstrated ability of high levels of interpersonal and communication skills. (5 years)
Demonstrated ability of self-motivation, self-direction, and able to work with little or no supervision. (5 years)
Previous experience with scheduling software (Control-M preferred) (5 years)
Demonstrate ability documenting and proposing architecture for non-Mainframe Systems (5 years)