IA-HHS-TS4-Regulatory Compliance Specialist
Date PostedOctober 3, 2023
Offered Salary$0 - $0 / hour
Expiration dateJune 30, 2024
Duration8 Months and 4 Days
Interview TypeWeb Cam Interview Only
Work Address1305 East Walnut Street
The Regulatory Compliance Specialist will participate in an agile process for the CCWIS system implementation and in projects involving confidential and restricted classifications of data. This position is responsible for assisting in researching, providing guidance and maintaining compliance with regulatory requirements with NIST SP 800-53 Rev 5 and state and federal laws and regulations in Iowa Department of Health and Human Services.
Iowa Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is in the initiation phase of a large, multi-year system modernization effort for the Family Protection and Well-Being Division. The scope of the project includes the implementation of a modern architecture platform, hosted in a hybrid cloud environment, that will require the development of new software components as well as systems integration with existing internal and external systems. The migration from the current systems environment to the future-state platform will involve the modernization or replacement of several legacy systems and applications as well as the evaluation and modification of hundreds of system-to-system interfaces.
HHS is seeking a Regulatory Compliance Specialist role to guide the project team on all aspects of regulatory compliance with federal CCWIS requirements, NIST 800-53, State of Iowa enterprise standards and HHS policies and procedures. This individual will serve as a resource for agile application development teams of 15-20 project team members, for deployments and as a liaison to the Regulatory Product Owner. This individual will also participate in the following:
• Evaluate business activity to assess regulatory compliance risk.
• Collaborate with agile project teams and other stakeholders.
• Coordinating with enterprise architects and technical leads of existing systems to gain alignment with the modernization roadmap.
• Transforming the functional work experience between the development and operations teams by breaking down silos and unifying the delivery process.
• Educate and train project team on regulations and compliance requirements.
• Update project documentation as needed.
• Address concerns/questions on compliance issues.
• Maintain detailed documentation on regulatory requirements and adherence and associated risks.
A successful candidate for this role is expected to possess the following skills and experience:
• Broad understanding of NIST 800-53 Rev 5.
• In-depth knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations, specifically CCWIS.
• Solid understanding of risk management analysis.
• Familiarity with industry best practices and professional standards.
• Experience delivering in an agile / iterative delivery environment.
• Ability to collaborate effectively with a wide range of personalities and work styles.
• Ability to break down complex tasks into actionable work items.
• Ability to work independently and communicate effectively.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to self-direct with initiative to learn quickly and independently.
• Ability to maintain adherence to deadlines but allow for flexibility as needed.
Responsibilities and required skills
Experience with NIST 800-53 (7 years)
Experience with interpreting state and federal laws and regulations. (7 years)
Experience with consulting on IT solutions that adhere to multiple industry standards, compliance & regulatory requirements, & /or technology standard (7 years)
Experience managing stakeholder expectations and priorities (5 years)
Experience with different types of data; data classification and data labeling based on requirements (10 years)
Experience working within a project governance structure (methodology, required templates and reporting) (5 years)
Strong process and gap analysis skills (7 years)
Excellent task management skills, w/ the ability to multitask and manage multiple tasks with changing priorities in a cross-functional environment (7 years)
Demonstrated experience with working with business and technical users to gather and document requirements (7 years)
Demonstrate ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and project activities simultaneously while meeting established deadlines (10 years)
Working experience with Agile Projects (10 years)
Demonstrated experience with managing client expectations and implementing change management initiatives (5 years)