IN-IDOH Governance Analyst
Date PostedMarch 17, 2023
Offered Salary$0 - $0 / hour
Expiration dateMarch 23, 2023
Duration16 Months and 19 Days
Interview TypeWebcam only
Work Address2 N Meridian St, Indianapolis, IN 46204
As a member of the Office of Data & Analytics (ODA) and under the direction of the Data Governance Lead, the Governance Analyst (GA) will collaborate with the agency divisions and regional support teams to document proposed technical/data solutions, processes, policies, standards, best practices, and the like. The GA will represent these needs to agency management and executive leadership and engage in both strategic and operational planning for the continuous improvement of generating the various technology and data outcomes in alignment with the agency’s 2021-2025 strategic plan and objectives.
• Develop and manage metadata and data dictionaries for IDOH principal data assets.
• Identify the technical metadata sources, define business contextual enrichment requirements, define user training requirements, and define user access permissions needed to support the business use cases.
• Assume overall responsibility for the successful execution of assigned data governance projects.
• Provide assistance to IDOH divisions for the creation of data governance initiatives and KPIs
• Work to create and maintain robust data documentation for all IDOH data sources, in partnership with the Data Engagement, Data Management and Data Engineering teams.
• Assist in the roll out of the IDOH data governance framework, with a focus on improving data quality and protecting sensitive data through enhancements to existing policies/procedures, standards, governance metrics, tools and data architecture.
• Collaborate with the Data Management and Data Engineering teams to design data quality checks to ensure validity and cleanliness of agency datasets prior to their use in analysis reporting.
• Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of IDOH principal data assets.
• Serve as a liaison between IDOH division and technical teams to ensure that data-related business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined communicated, and well-understood as part of operational prioritization and planning.
• Assist with the development and maintenance of an inventory of IDOH information maps, including authoritative systems and owners.
• Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards, and adoption requirements across the agency.
• Assist Data Governance Lead and Director of Data Operations, Governance and Engagement with identifying new opportunities for data governance improvement throughout the agency and mobilizing resources to implement change.
• Resolve issues escalated from IDOH division data governance representatives.
• Provide progress reports to leadership and oversee periodic updates to the data governance roadmap.
• Identify new business opportunities pertaining to the use of data assets to achieve efficiency and effectiveness; represent data as a strategic business asset.
• Support the IDOH Data Transformation Office, as requested.
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Information Technology, Computer Science, Public Health, Epidemiology, Statistics, Analytics, Programming, or related field; or equivalent experience.
• 2 + years of relevant business analyst and/or project management experience.
• Demonstrated experience in leadership and/or mentorship in a professional or academic setting.
• Experience with large-scale data or project management and oversight.
• Specific and extensive knowledge of data governance best practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise assets and approaches to data protection.
• Knowledge of data-related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues.
• Demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change, and performance management system design.
• Knowledge of data architecture and technology solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt and use novel tools, as needed.
• Experience in leading workshops or training sessions with a user community is a plus.
• Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
• Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
• Excellent change management and relationship management skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment with multiple and fluid demands.
• Ability to maintain effective and professional working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Responsibilities and required skills
Experience developing and implementing data governance policies (2 years)
Solid experience working as a Technical Business Analyst (4 years)
Experience using Informatica Enterprise Data Catalog, or similar (3 years)
Experience developing and managing metadata and data dictionaries (4 years)
Ability to identify root cause of issues and make sound and timely decisions to resolve problems (4 years)
Ability to understand the data analysis life cycle and its application in a business setting (4 years)
Experience with data lineage tools and methods (3 years)
Ability to align priorities with strategic initiatives (0 years)
Experience working in a lead BA role (0 years)
Experience establishing KPIs (0 years)
Hands-on experience with cloud computing platforms such as Microsoft Azure, or similar (0 years)
Strong documentation experience (0 years)