Help Desk Analyst 2
Date PostedAugust 29, 2023
Offered Salary$20 / hour
Expiration dateOctober 31, 2023
Job StatusInterviewing - No Longer Accepting Resumes
Duration24 Months and 15 Days
Work Address101 Hospital Street, Maine, UNITED STATES
Work Location: 100% Onsite
Help Desk Analyst
The Help Desk Analyst provides Helpdesk Level 2 Support by performing the skills listed below.
Years of Relevant Experience: 1 to 3 years field experience
Preferred Education: 2 year associates degree or equivalent technical study. Role Description:
• Provides technical assistance, support, and advice to end users for hardware, software, and systems.
• Provides hands-on technical assistance to business and technical users.
• Investigates and resolves computer software and hardware problems of users.
• Serves as a contact for level 1 support.
• Serves as a contact for users having problems using computer software, hardware, and operating systems, and escalates as necessary.
• Determines whether problem is caused by hardware, software, or system.
• Answers questions, applying knowledge of computer software, hardware, systems, and procedures.
• Talks with technical and non-technical co-workers to research problem and find solution.
• Asks user with problem to use telephone and participate in diagnostic procedures, using diagnostic software or by listening to and following instructions.
• Experienced with a variety of call-tracking software and systems.
• Reads trade magazines and engages in independent study to maintain current industry knowledge.
• Follow quality standards, and displays strong customer service skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Complete assigned tasks.
• Strong communication skills; both written and spoken.
Years of Relevant Experience: 3 to 5 years field experience
Preferred Education: 4 year college degree in field of specialty or equivalent education and experience combined
All roles specified in HDA 1 plus the following:
• Calls software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
• Acts as a subject matter expert for one or more custom or COTS applications.
• Talks to programmers to explain software errors or to recommend changes to programs.
• May work as in-house consultant and research alternate approaches to existing software and hardware when standardized approaches cannot be applied.
• Tests software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether product will aid user in performing work.
• Write software and hardware evaluation and recommendations for management review.
• Write or revise user-training manuals and procedures.
• Develops training materials, such as exercises and visual displays.
• Train users on software and hardware on-site or in classroom, or recommend outside contractors to provide training.
Responsibilities and required skills
IT - 29B SoS_Secretary of State - Help Desk Analyst 2 - 29B 20200604_11695