IT Business Analyst
Date PostedJanuary 25, 2023
Expiration dateMarch 26, 2023
The IT Business Analyst will gather, analyze, and understand business needs and system design. The incumbent will contribute to process improvement projects by employing Six Sigma and similar methodologies and analytics to accomplish measurable business process improvements. S/he will communicate with users/business and IT staff to examine business requests, develop detailed requirements, and build process flow charts for the creation of applications, systems and enhancements. The Business Analyst will participate and contribute to the development and recommendation of solutions and options that improve efficiency, effectiveness and automation. The incumbent must be proficient in all aspects of analysis, process improvement methodologies and project management. This role can be remote for the right candidate.
- Liaison between the business and IT groups during the development and implementation of new business processes, new systems and enhancements to current ones. Identifies business and system processes and procedures needs.
- Employs process improvement practices and techniques to assist in the analysis and recommended solutions that will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of business processes and procedures.
- Facilitates requirements by organizing gathering sessions and other related events. Examines and evaluates business needs/request to describe what the processes, systems, and service must do to fulfill the request.
- Records and updates business and functional requirements / specifications, whether for a report, system, or an application.
- Develops test plans and scripts for user acceptance testing. Assist in all user training activities.
- Assist in conducting feasibility and economic studies to justify the recommended automation or process improvement.
Responsibilities and required skills
Skills And Abilities
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to read and/or listen and understand information and ideas communicated
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
- Present information and ideas to others clearly and understandably
- Ability to effectively facilitate meetings, work sessions, and training
- Aptitude to learn a new business and systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Bachelor's degree required in Computer Science, Business, Business Process Improvement, Informatics or Engineering
- Three (3) years or more Business Analysis or Project Management experience required
- Three (3) years or more Experience in Systems Development and Project Management preferred
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt