Lansing, MI – IT – DTMB – Agency Services – MDOT – Business Analyst 5
Date PostedMay 2, 2023
Offered Salary$64 / hour
Expiration dateJuly 3, 2023
Job StatusInterviewing - No Longer Accepting Resumes
Duration2 Months and 16 Days
Work Address525 West Allegan Street, Michigan, UNITED STATES
The Business Analyst is responsible for gathering and documenting clear, unambiguous, and
testable business requirements from the client, and understanding the business requirements
thoroughly in order to communicate business need and system functionality to technical and non-
technical stakeholders, project team members, and the user community.
The Business Analyst is responsible for working with the project team and stakeholders to
examine existing and future-state business processes, data, and systems. This information is used
to guide the gathering of business requirements as they relate to the desired system functionality.
- Responsible for documenting business requirements that are clear, unambiguous, testable,
- and satisfy the business need in accordance with standard templates and adherence to
- DTMB and MDOT policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Responsible for facilitating requirement gathering meetings to identify impacted business
- processes and document the project business requirements. Attendees include relevant
- project team members and stakeholders as identified in the Communication Plan.
- Responsible for adhering to the project schedule by developing and maintaining the
- project backlog during Agile projects and working with the product owner to set priority
- throughout the duration of project.
- Responsible for understanding project scope and actively monitoring requirements
- process to maintain adherence to the objectives set for the project.
- Responsible for understanding high-level information governance objectives and
- ensuring appropriate Stakeholder inclusion and/or awareness regarding data
- Responsible for appropriate resolution of critical IT issues as it pertains to the BA role.
- Responsible for providing information and analysis for Build vs. Buy project decisions.
- Responsible for understanding project specific benefits and related impact of changes to
- project scope or business requirements.
- Ensures SEM deliverables for the project that are a responsibility of the BA are
- completed, reviewed, and approved in alignment with area processes.
- Works directly with project team including user interface/user experience (UI/UX)
- designers, tech leads, solution architects, database administrators, developers, QA testers,
- and technical writers to ensure understanding of the requirements, functionality, size, and
- scalability of the IT solution.
- Experience writing EPICS, Features, and User Stories.
- Proficient in using an Agile Tool to document EPICS, Features, and User Stories
- (DevOps, Team Foundation Server, Jira, etc.)
- Proficient in using Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Word, etc.)
- Proficient working in an Agile environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Responsibilities and required skills
Lansing, MI - IT - DTMB - Agency Services - MDOT - Business Analyst 5