Senior Project Manager
Date PostedOctober 10, 2023
Offered Salary$80 / hour
Expiration dateDecember 10, 2023
Job StatusInterviews occurring
Duration12 Months and 6 Days
Interview TypeWebcam Interview Only
Work AddressRTP Durham NC
The NC Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager. This management role will work with multiple internal and external stakeholders, project teams, divisions, departments, and vendors to strategize, implement, and maintain the Child Welfare Information System (CWIS) modernization initiative. This position will interact with all levels of staff in DHHS including executive staff.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Review project proposals or plans to determine a time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements and the assignment of available departmental resources to various project phases.
• Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required activities and tasks.
• Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle and confer with project staff to outline a work plan.
• Establish a work plan and staffing for project activities, iterations, or phases, and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
• Ensure that project goals are in line with business objectives.
• Ensure that project goals are achieved.
• Assign duties and responsibilities to project personnel and define the scope of their authority.
• Direct and coordinate the activities of project personnel to ensure projects progress on schedule and within budget.
• Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modify schedules or plans as required.
• Work with business and cross-functional teams to develop Business Case and Cost Benefit analysis for prioritized initiatives within the program.
• Manage multiple Vendor onboarding and identify key requirements needed from cross-functional teams and Vendors.
• Work with other program managers to identify risks and opportunities across multiple projects within the department.
• Manage budget across various workstreams and funding channels for maximum productivity.
• Manage resource allocations and expectations for program.
• Collaborate with the State DIT to ensure program compliance with the State IT Roadmap and all State Privacy and security requirements.
• The selected candidate must be a results-oriented individual with a strong work ethic and must be able to demonstrate excellent leadership, negotiation, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills.
• Experience in communicating in a fashion tailored to the audience and their needs.
• Excellent written communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrates experience in working effectively with all levels of staff, clients, and other IT personnel.
• Experience in the responsibility for acquiring and utilizing the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timeframes, and quality for a program.
• Ability to identify and plan systematic corrective action to reduce errors and improve the quality of the systems and services, by examination of the root causes of problems.
• Ability to build, influence, lead and motivate effective teams towards end results.
Management prefers applicants with the following:
– Candidate with PgMP Certification
– Candidate with Agile (PMI-ACP) Certification
– Experience managing or supervising programs involving Application modernization and modularization projects.
– Experience collaborating with State and Local Government
– Experience in complex, cross-functional team environments
– Knowledge of Child Welfare Information Systems or similarly complex case management systems
Responsibilities and required skills
Program Management experience managing multiple large complex projects (3 years)
Experience creating roadmaps for the portfolio (3 years)
Proven track record of delivering IT projects within budget, scope and schedule (3 years)
Objective decision-making ability based on strategic objectives priority, business performance analysis and resource availability (3 years)
Hands on experience managing project risk, cost, schedule, quality, testing, and communications (3 years)
Strong supervision, organizational, interpersonal and time management skills (3 years)
Demonstrated presentation, training skills, oral and written communication skills. (3 years)
Solid work experience with project management tools (e.g. Microsoft Project) (3 years)
Experience with MS Office(Word, Excel and Power point) (5 years)
Strong organization and analytical thinking skills with experience preparing Project plan for complex business needs. (5 years)
Ability to communicate effectively at all job levels, use excellent evaluation skills, and ability to relay information in legible reports as required (5 years)
Experience with Agile Methodologies. (0 years)
PMI certification Project Management Professional (PMP) (0 years)
Experience with Cloud technologies & SaaS applications running on Cloud (0 years)
Experience collaborating with Federal, State and Local Government (0 years)
Experience managing implementation of a statewide IT project (0 years)
Experience in establishing and/or implementing governance models for IT modernization efforts (0 years)
Experience with Child Welfare Information Systems Implementation (0 years)