NC – UNC – FSU | Sr. Project Manager
Date PostedMarch 1, 2023
Offered Salary$0 - $85 / hour
Expiration dateMarch 7, 2023
Duration3 Months and 26 Days
Interview TypeEither Webcam Interview or In Person
Work Address1200 Murchison Rd, Fayetteville, NC 28301
****This engagement will likely go for a year, but the initial engagement cannot cross fiscal year. There will be an extension beyond June 30th.****
****This is a hybrid position to work onsite at least two days a week. Candidates must be local and available to come onsite.****
***Current PMP Certification required. The certification cannot be expired. You will need to provide the certification number on the skills tab.
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize the University Access Control system project according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
Strategy & Planning
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
• Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
• Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
• Track project milestones and deliverables.
• Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
• Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
• Conduct project postmortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
• Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
• Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
• Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
• Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitment’s if necessary, during project cycle.
• Manages the solicitation process, which includes issuance of the RFP, receipt of proposals, negotiation with vendors, evaluation of proposals, and award of the contract in accordance with statewide IT Procurement rules.
• Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
• Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
• Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
• Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
Formal Education & Certification
• Certification in Project management (PMP)
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field preferred, although candidates with a combination of directly related experience and education will be considered
• Must have the ability to resolve the scope of work and contractual issues and change orders on assigned projects.
• The aptitude to understand and interpret contracts drawings and project specifications.
• Must have strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Knowledge & Experience
• 7 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
• Strong knowledge of security Access Controls systems
• Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Microsoft Project
• Competent and proficient understanding of security access control platforms, such as Blackboard Transact
• Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
• Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
• Flexible during times of change.
• Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
• Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
• Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
• Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
• Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
• Customer service skills an asset.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
Responsibilities and required skills
Experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution. (7 years)
Knowledge of security access controls systems (3 years)
Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Microsoft Project (7 years)
PMP Certified - Must be active certification (0 years)
Competent and proficient understanding of security access control platforms, such as Blackboard Transact (1 years)
Knowledge of project management processes, such as Scrum and Agile (7 years)
Proficiency with Microsoft Office (5 years)
Must possess a Bachelor's in technical related field (0 years)
Must be able to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow up skills both internally and externally (7 years)
Excellent written and verbal communication skills (0 years)