NCDHHS Business Analyst- Expert
Date PostedFebruary 17, 2023
Offered Salary$0 - $76 / hour
Expiration dateFebruary 24, 2023
Duration11 Months and 1 Days
Interview TypeWebcam Interview Only
Work AddressDix Campus, Raleigh / Remote
Primary tasks include:
• Identify and document stakeholders, data flows, and current and future state process flows.
• Gather, document, validate, and manage business and functional and non-functional system requirements needed as input to the software application procurement and development process.
• Translate client’s business needs/requirements into themes, agile product backlogs, epics, user stories, detailed business requirement documents, and use cases.
• Document context diagrams, and functional decomposition diagrams in accordance with the state’s architecture standards.
• Work with Business Owner and business SMEs to groom user stories, including documentation of acceptance criteria and assistance IT team validation that stories meet the team-defined definition of ready.
• Work with internal and vendor developers and testers to confirm developed functionality meets the user story’s acceptance criteria.
• Participate in gap analysis and system design activities, including documentation of wireframes.
• Assist the Business Owner in planning, preparing for and conducting user acceptance testing, including developing test scenarios and test cases/scripts.
• Perform requirements traceability throughout the project lifecycle to support user acceptance testing and release determination.
• Assist the creation of Statements of Work for procurement documents used to perform market research (i.e., RFI) or to purchase solutions and services needed to meet project needs (RFPs, IFBs/RFQs, state term contract SOWs, contract amendments, etc.).
• Assist strategic planning tasks, including development of business cases for proposed IT projects.
• Provide project administration support to project manager(s).
• Develop surveys and perform online market research.
• Develop data gathering tools and perform analysis as requested.
Responsibilities and required skills
Extensive experience of working as a business analyst on agile scrum projects (5 years)
Solid understanding of Waterfall, Agile and Hybrid software development lifecycles and processes (7 years)
Extensive knowledge of applicable business information systems, business system analysis techniques, and testing methodologies (7 years)
Demonstrated experience in gathering and managing business requirements and developing of business rules and process flows (7 years)
Proven experience with business process design, definition and/or re-design. (7 years)
Experience with industry standard Business Analysis methodologies and problem solving (7 years)
Experience in developing test scenarios and test cases and execution of user acceptance testing. (7 years)
Ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), Microsoft SharePoint, and Microsoft Project. (7 years)
Excellent written and oral communication and ability to facilitate small to large meetings (7 years)
Demonstrable analytical skills and attention to detail (7 years)
Excellent creative thinking and problem-solving skills (7 years)
Solid understanding of software development (7 years)
Knowledge of Jira and Micro Focus Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) and Quality Center (QC) is highly desired. (7 years)
Experience writing procurement documents including RFPs is preferred. (5 years)