Date PostedJanuary 25, 2023
Expiration dateMarch 26, 2023
At Perkins Coie, we look for individuals who are self-motivated, dedicated to providing value and superior services and, above all, people who have a high degree of integrity and enthusiasm for their work. We’ve created a company culture that is based on collaboration, devotion to serving our clients, and mutual respect. Perkins Coie is committed to advancing diversity and inclusion both within the firm and throughout our collective communities. Work for one of the 100 Best Workplaces in America, get great health insurance, tuition reimbursement, your birthday off, and paid sabbaticals.GENERAL PURPOSEPerkins Coie LLP has an immediate opening for a Software Developer to serve as a member of the ServiceNow team. This role will work with IT service owners, process owners, and various service delivery groups to develop technical solutions that satisfy the business needs of Perkins Coie.
The following essential functions are primary job duties that incumbents must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation.
- Development: Follow documented procedures to complete application or system level changes and upgrades. Develop, configure, and customize ServiceNow applications and services. Able to ensure tool configuration consistency across development and production environments. Support the entire development lifecycle.
- Test & Deployment: Follow and perform tests to ensure appropriate implementation of new changes and upgrades. Perform code reviews to ensure that the quality bar is being met regarding coding standards, integration, extensibility, and security. Create and review test plans to assure business workflow and reporting meets requirements when implemented.
- End User Support: Manage and escalate issues to the service management vendor where appropriate. Troubleshoot bugs, fix defects, and support users of applications developed by the enterprise application development team. Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with users and peers and work effectively in a team environment.
- Professional Development: Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reading articles and publications, and attending user groups.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Be present at work during regularly scheduled working hours and as needed in the position, consistent with the firm’s attendance expectations.
Responsibilities and required skills
Specific Skills Required
- Working knowledge of the ServiceNow modules, including ITSM (Incident, Request, Change, Problem) and CSM
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment in prioritizing multiple tasks and addressing problems under time and resource constraints
- Self-starter, strong time management skills, attention to detail, and a commitment to quality
- Experience with ITSM dashboard design
Specific Skills Preferred
- General understanding of applications and business workflow of law firms
- General knowledge of networking in a Microsoft Windows environment, including client/server and web technologies.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies (Scrum)
- Experience writing PowerShell scripts
- Experience with data analysis and reporting
- Experience with ITIL Framework
Education And Experience- 1-2 years of related Applications Support, Administration, or Analysis experience; 2-3 years’ experience developing in ServiceNow. Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or computer science is beneficial. This position may be filled in the following areas, the compensation range in these areas is listed below, and depend on qualification and experience.