Data Warehousing Specialist
Date PostedApril 28, 2023
Offered Salary$80 - $90 / hour
Expiration dateDecember 6, 2023
Duration6 Months and 18 Days
Interview TypeWebcam Interview Only
The DoIT EBI (Enterprise Business Intelligence) team is experiencing exponential growth and have stretched the capacity of our team to adequately implement and operate this complex environment. This is leading to delays in delivering solutions and outages when something fails or demand exceeds capacity.
This resource will increase the ability and capacity of the team to address daily operations of hundreds of ETLs and data integration workflows, improve operational efficiencies and response time to critical DHHS business priorities.
• Daily monitoring and support of Informatica workflows across the Enterprise BI platform.
• Troubleshoot failed jobs and analysis of batch operations to determine best course of action for recovery.
• Responsible for root cause analysis and complex problem resolution.
• Recommend and implement performance improvements of ETLs and optimization of scheduling efficiencies.
• Effectively communicate with business SMEs regarding failures, outages and/or delays in downstream processing.
• Demonstrate proficiency with Informatica Powercenter, IICS, EDC (MetaData Management), IDQ (Data Quality) on Linux.
• Demonstrate proficiency with workflow automation concepts and tools such as CA Workload or similar technology.
• Work as directed by DoIT management to apply DoIT coding standards, Release Management procedures, source code control (GitHub) and best practices.
• Participate in multiple development activities including code view of vendor WFs and scripts and adherence to the EBI SDLC following common agile practices and scrums.
• Must safeguard and protect data in compliance with established EBI Data Governance, any state, federal or industry regulations and standards.
Duration: Approximately 6-12 months
Responsibilities and required skills
Production Operational Informatica skills - monitoring batch jobs and workflows (3 years)
Production Operational Informatica skills - troubleshooting batch job and workflow failures (3 years)
Complex Workload Automation - CA Workload preferred (3 years)
Informatica Powercenter and IICS low code, reusable, scalable solutions (3 years)
Advanced SQL queries - Oracle preferred (3 years)
Critical thinking and problem solving (4 years)
Excellent communication - verbal, written and listening (4 years)